If you frequently see the clumps of your hair after the shower or brushing, your hair is weak and thin, which means that it will fall off eventually. There could be numerous factors for this particular problem, but people do not think that diet can cause hair loss too.
Nevertheless, you should rest assured;because you can consume food that will help, you protect your crown and body hair. If you want to get rid of grey hair in the beard, you should check it out because some people hate it, while others adore it.
Main Causes For Hair Loss
- Family History – You should have in mind that the most common cause of hair loss is female or male pattern baldness. This particular type of losing your hair will happen predictably and gradually, which is why we call it pattern balding. Men will have receding hairlines and bald spots, while women will notice that their hair started to thin. As soon as you start to lose hair due to genetic predisposition, the hair will undergo miniaturization and become thin.
- Physical Conditions – Some physical conditions can cause hair loss, such as hormonal changes due to childbirth or temporary imbalance because of menopause or pregnancy. Problems with thyroid glands could also cause your hair to shed and recede. Alopecia areata or patchy hair loss means that your immune system will start attacking hair follicles. Have in mind that ringworm, as well as other infections, could also enter your skin and hair. They will leave scaly patches and trigger hair loss. You do not have to worry, because it will grow back as soon as you treat it.
- Medications – The drugs that you use can also cause severe hair loss such as chemotherapy treatments that will cause your hair to fall. If you take long-term medications for chronic conditions, some medications can also be responsible for hair issues.
Diet That Cause Hair Loss
- Sugar – Even though research has shown that sugar can trigger hair loss, experts still do not know why that happening is. Some of them think that sugar can cause inflammation. Since foods that contain carbohydrates such as bread, potatoes, pasta,and white rice have a high GI (glycemic index), they will break into sugar quickly and cause similar effects. Have in mind that sugar produces androgen and insulin, which are the male hormone that will shrink hair follicles and cause baldness. To see how sugar affects your hair health, you should check here.
- Fish With Plenty Of Mercury – It is important to understand that fish as if mackerel or tuna have high mercury levels and that may cause severe hair loss issues. According to one study, mercury that you will find in fish will convert into methylmercury, which is a highly toxic compound.
- Fried Foods – If you eat too much fried and high-fat foods that have hydrogenated oils that could trigger hair loss too. Diets that are high in fat will increase testosterone levels, which is the common reason, and factor that affects male pattern baldness.
- Selenium –Selenium can cause problems to your hair, and even though your body needs it in small amounts, if you overdo it, it can lead to hair issues. The main source of selenium is Brazil Nut, but you can find it also in oysters, tuna and whole wheat bread.
Food That Prevents Hair Loss
- Vitamin C – First and most important nutrient for healthy hair is vitamin C. This particular compound is essential for your overall health, for fighting with flu and to synthesize collagen that will protect your skin and hair. Therefore, by consuming fruits such as oranges and lemons, you will be able to keep your scalp healthy and support your hair follicles. To check other benefits of vitamin C, you should visit this website: https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/amazing-benefits-of-vitamin-c-for-skin-hair-and-health/.
- Proteins – If you lack protein in your organism, it could cause hair loss as a result. Therefore, it is important to consume food high in proteins such as lean meat that will help you with weight loss, to build muscles and to maintain the health of your hair. Nutrient deficiency and reduced protein intake are the main food causes for hair loss.